About Me

My photo
I made a promise to my sweet Cubby that I would switch to using all cruelty-free household and cosmetic products. This blog is intended to help those of you who would like to do the same. Is a new lipstick really worth a dead bunny?

Sunday, July 8, 2012

South of France Shea Butter Body Wash

Product: Shea butter body wash
Company: South of France (owned by Good Health Natural Foods)
As one of my first deliberately cruelty-free purchases, I bought a bottle of body wash to replace my beloved ultra-moisturizing Olay body wash. I selected a bottle of South of France Shea Butter Ultra Moisturizing Body Wash. South of France is a smaller company based in North Carolina. They make soap, body wash, and lotions. They’re owned by Good Health Natural Foods. You can find out more about them here http://www.goodhealthnaturalproducts.com/south-of-france/

The body wash itself is a large bottle and I think it was around $10 (I got it a while ago and didn’t keep notes at the time; this blog was not a factor back then) at Fresh Market. The scent is light and smells just like shea butter (I know, surprise!), which is actually not a draw for me. I’m not a huge fan of the scent of shea butter. However, it’s not overwhelming and it doesn’t really perfume your skin too much, so I’m OK with it. I like the pump bottle, it lathers well, and has lasted me over two months so far (and still going!). Granted, I do switch things up with a body scrub every few days, but it’s still very long lasting. It’s lightly moisturizing… but doesn’t live up to my gold standard Olay (which is SUPER MEGA AWESOME moisturizing). However, the South of France body wash doesn’t contain mineral oil like Olay’s does, so at least that’s a plus.
Overall, I give it 3 out of 4 paws up.  I’d come back to it if I can’t find something else more moisturizing, but if you don’t care as much about that, I’d definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment